Wednesday, November 14, 2007

lots of work






Wow, it has been a long haul to get to this post! I kept thinking - oh now I can take a picture and post - but then another thing would come up and I would again be delayed.

We've been working steadily for about a month now on designing and building a gate, a trellis, and landscaping (involving relocating a stone wall).

So, here's the pictures finally:

The first picture is the "Grand View" of the new (partially finished) fence line, the relocated wall (dry stacked), the "snowflake" gate, and the trellis.

The second picture is intended to give you a view of the wall and fence.

The third picture is of the new landscaping sans wall. Digging up the wall that was there was quite a chore - at least three feet down and mortered together.

The rest of the pictures are of the gate and trellis construction between the two houses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, indeed! Very *very* wow!! What a thing you have accomplished there -- simply amazing. Someday when I finally do get to LVNM, our mutual friend can just walk me around town, and when we 'round the right corner, I will immediately shout with joyful recognition at the landmark that is your lovely home. Nicely done, and well-worth waiting (faithful is my middle name ;) for!

Appleblossom said...

Thank you Carroll Faithful for your kind words. And you better knock on our door and come in for a cup of tea!

GRB said...

To say "WOW" yet again might or not be inapproprisate. So, since I did earliest, I will. But to be curious is often my best compliment: How did you get those posts & lintels dancing into curves delicious with so much of Chinoiserie, while still holding the grit of the southwest?

Beautiful! Congratulations!