Sunday, February 10, 2008

Obama beats Clinton 2-1; McCain edges Huckabee

This is the headline of the Seattle Times today. Actually Huckabee is challenging the GOP on calling the caucus with only 85% of the precincts reporting and only a 1.3% difference in the vote.

My point with this post though is to show how strange the voters are in Washington State, my former home. I mean look at that headline: Obama beats Clinton 2-1. OK, I would imagine a fairly progressive state from that headline; basically California without the Hispanic vote. But then, consider Huckabee. He won handily in Kansas and Iowa. The Whacko (oh yes, there were indeed dinosaurs on Noah's Ark) Christians love the guy. How oh how did he make such a showing in a state that so roundly rejected Billery and embraced the Obamster? If you look at the rest of the country, Billery plays well in the bible belt. Heck she won the buckle, Tennessee, right along with Huckabee.

I haven't had a chance to talk this over with my Republican Prosecuting Attorney brother in Eastern (read gun-toting farming/survivalist) Washington. I wonder if he was feeling kinda sorry he couldn't vote for Obama in the Democratic Caucus yesterday. Can you imagine if your choice was between a bigger dumb bully than the shrub or a sweet and bumbling Curshtian who "majored in miracles not math" in college. Yikes!

No comments: