Friday, March 2, 2007

Norsk Strikkedesign


Well, I finally could afford a copy of Norsk Strikkedesign. What a wonderfully inspired book. The patterns are beautiful and complement the objects made perfectly. I am intrigued by the stranded pattern Betty Harmansen created for her Jacket and hat. So I knit up the charcoal yarn previously for Aberlady with some Wintergrass Aran weight tweed I had in my stash. I knit this swatch on US 1 needles, which made for a very tight stitch. But what I am thinking of would really benefit from the structure this approach yields.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Pretty small needles for Heilo! I do believe in pushing yarn to do what you want and not being totally controlled by the yarn . . . love that book and I really do like combining the Heilo with the tweed. Nice idea.

Appleblossom said...

Thanks Claire! I'll probably use US 2 needles, I need to knit up another swatch.