Monday, March 3, 2008

One Fish, Two Fish

I've been making a whole slew of birthday cakes lately. This one was so much fun I thought it deserved a picture. Al designed the fish and the swoopy waves on the side in between the snow flakes. Why snowflakes? Well, it snowed last night, how's that for a reason?

Anyway, this is a Hummingbird cake with a cream-cheese frosting. I had never heard of a Hummingbird cake until recently. Apparently it is a Southern invention from mid last century. Its a variation on a spice cake with pineapple, banana, and pecans - just lovely. Don't know why its called a hummingbird.

Immaculate Confections is averaging a cake a week right now. Pretty good for word of mouth. I'm hoping to complete my commercial space this spring, then start some serious advertising.

Happy Birthday to all Pisces!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I continue to be in absolute awe of your mad cake decorating skilz! You're a shoo-in to be a success when you go commercial.

Carroll

Appleblossom said...

thanks carroll! hopefully this spring...