Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mystery Map


This is a rather poor photo of my Pal's most recent work. It is titled "Mystery Map" and is about 3' x 4' total on four 3' x 1' panels. The painting medium is Encaustic, which is a bee's wax and resin emulsion with pigments suspended in it. He also uses strange things like: coffee grounds, chili powder, marble dust, mica dust, aluminum, carbon and other things.

I'm posting this as a preview of his upcoming show at DeMar Gallery here in Las Vegas, New Mexico. His show opens on September 13th. Be there or be square!

Check out his blog "Al made this." The link is listed to the left of this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! ....I think.
Is the center lighter, or is that glare....ab?
I can't wait to see it in person.
See you at the opening. I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

i always get glare when i take pics of my work, but still a great piece. i'm a artist/photographer do you know any good areas in vegas area where i can take some good pics. thanks